Friday, June 22, 2012

How to Clean Makeup Brushes (Part 2)

Hey everyone. So I just did a post on how I clean my makeup brushes on a daily basis but I also deep clean my brushes once a week. I do this to ensure that there is no bacteria on my brushes because none wanted to but bacteria on their face. I deep clean my brushes once a week and spot clean them daily but if you spot clean the brushes daily you can get away with deep cleaning them every other week. How do I deep clean my brushes? It is very simple, all you need is a sink and baby shampoo (I use Johnson and Johnson). What I do is put the tip of the brush under the sink and them I put a little bit of the shampoo in my hand and swirl the brush in it. When all the color is out of the brush, I put the brush back under the faucet and rinse out all of the shampoo. Once the brush is clean I lay it down flat on a paper towel overnight to dry.


Step 1:


Step 2:


Step 3:



Step 4:








Step 5:




Hope you enjoyed!


xoxo
Cami

7 comments:

  1. I have tried this before and it really works! Thanks for sharing! :)

    KV

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do this a lot. Now I use a little bottle with water and shampoo in it lol- always looking to do it faster since there's too many to wash... but this method is still the best in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i should try this.looks like i dont have to buy somekind of make up remover for brushes. but, do you know if one can use other brand of baby shampoo to do this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use baby shampoo too, but before that I put a bit of EVOO on a paper towel and swirl the brushes in that, it helps to break down the makeup and get rid of stains. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review,I have to wash my brushes as well.
    http://glossylala.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete