Friday, June 22, 2012

How to Clean Makeup Brushes (Part 1)

Hey everyone. So I was just about to clean my makeup brushes and I realized that some people might not clean their makeup brushes or might not know how to... so I thought I would do a post telling you how I keep my brushes clean. 


So the first thing I do is called Spot Cleaning, which is where you clean the brush right on the spot (hence the name). I lay out all of the brushes I plan to use for the day and I use them and keep them out so them when I am done with my makeup I clean all the brushes to keep them sanitized! So you might be asking how do you spot clean makeup brushes?... and the answer to that is, it is very simple. All you need is a brush cleaner and a paper towel or tissue. I like to use a paper towel because they are thicker but it is what ever you prefer if you use a paper towel you can not apply too much pressure to the brush or else the bristle might fray a little so I would recommend starting with a tissue. Then as for cleaner, I found one at Harmons called the Daily Cosmetic Brush Cleaner but any spray brush cleaner is fine. So what I do is spray a spray of the brush cleaner on to the paper towel them rub the brush in it until all of the color is out of the brush.


Step 1:



 Step 2: 
 Step 3:




This brush is clean it is just a little stained


I will be posting how I deep clean my brushes next so stay tuned!


xoxo
Cami


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing :)

    http://makeupandartfreak.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have this product and love using it in between deep cleanings! i have discovered i love using bar soap to clean my brushes! they've never been so clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very good tips. I am really clueless on how to clean my brushes. I usually just dip them in my facial soap solution n rub it until all the color all out from the bristle. Cant wait for ur post on deep cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleaning brushes is definitely important! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing!! i just bought some elf brush cleaner and wasnt sure how to go about cleaning them!! i've never done it! lol :)

    ReplyDelete