Monday, April 9, 2012

A Look On the Dark Side (smokey eye with drugstore makeup)

Hey everyone! So a while back I did a smokey eye using MAC makeup and recently I found a palette from the drugstore that I love and I wanted to do a tutorial using it. It is a great alternative because the eyeshadows I used in the other tutorial totaled about 30 dollars and this palette costs $3 for 3 eyeshadows! So I am going to show you how to get a smokey eye using drugstore makeup and I do use a MAC eyeshadow (a charcoal color) but you can find an alternative black at the drugstore!


Lets get into the tutorial:


1. Primer your eyes, I am using Too Faced Shadow Insurance but any primer will work.


2. Apply a cream eyeshadow. I am using the ELF cream eyeshadow in Black Licorice.












3. Take a white eyeliner and apply it to the inner corner and just under the brow (blend it out)



4. Take a silver eyeshadow and apply to the lid














5. Take a crease brush and apply a charcoal color to the crease.













6. Using the same crease brush use a dark shimmer black color and apply to the outer corner














7. Blend the eyeshadow together and apply a highlight to the brow bone (I am using Brulee by Wet n' Wild)












8. Use an eye liner (I am using an ELF shimmer eyeliner in Black) and apply to top lashes and waterline
\







9. I am using a NYX glitter liner in the color Disco Queen and putting that over the black top liner






10. Add some mascara to top lashes (and bottom if you want)






11. I like to keep the blush and lips simple when I have dramatic eyeshadow









12. You are finished!


I just wanted to say that I know that I used a lot of Wet 'N Wild eyeshadow but that is because they are affordable and I think they are great quality. I purchased all of the products used in this tutorial with my own money!


I hope you all enjoyed (I know some people might think this is too much makeup and that is ok becuase it is your opinion) I personally would not wear this during the day but I think it is really pretty for a party or a night out!


xoxo
Cami

15 comments:

  1. Great post!xx


    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just too pretty! I will have to try it, and drug store makeup products are so affordable! AWESOME post!

    -Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the touch of glitter! gives it a real edge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post so much, you have very beautiful eyes!


    Wida
    Missing Amsie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely! check my blog out :)

    www.teacupsandtreats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the smokey eye! It's definitely my favorite makeup look to do, with all sorts of colors! Love the look, darling! & Thank you so much for following :) I will be following you as well! xo, Megs

    http://princesshippielove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the smokey eye babe, I'm following you to, great blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a tutorial. Very detailed. Consider me your new follow. Follow back?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks beautiful. Thank you!

    Liebe Grüße!
    - Ich freue mich, wenn du vorbeischaust!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! :)
    I follow back you :)
    PS: i love all about make up ;P
    bisous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love shadow insurance by too faced! I just started using it, and I can't believe how well it works!!!

    ReplyDelete